DEADLINE : 7th November, 2014
Are you a manager or experienced independent currently working in the arts? Do you want to take that next step in your career? Are you aspiring to take on a more senior position or strategic role? If so, this program has been designed for you.
The Australia Council for the Arts invites applications for the 2015 Emerging Leaders Development Program.
The Australia Council previously identified a gap in leadership development aimed at supporting arts leaders through specialised training, mentoring and coaching. The program, which piloted in 2011, is now in its fifth iteration.
We are now looking for a new cohort of leaders to start the program in April 2015.
The program is a five day residential workshop followed by an ongoing period of mentoring and coaching with respected senior executives that will continue over the year. The program is designed to cover a broad range of topics that will stimulate discussion with other like-minded high performing arts leaders, and enhance your knowledge and skills to face the challenges of your future career.
What will the program cover?
- An in-depth look at how you operate. A discovery process of your strengths and development areas.
- How to become an effective and successful leader of yourself, those who report to you and those you work with.
- Techniques and practical advice on communicating and engaging with stakeholders more effectively.
- Strategy and change management.
- Skills in decision making, evaluation and managing risk.
- Marketing and fundraising.
You will develop key leadership skills critical for leading arts and cultural organisations.
- Your thinking and development will be challenged and stretched while being supported by experienced and knowledgeable professionals.
- You will gain insight and get feedback on your preferred leadership style.
- You will explore existing frameworks from both the arts and non-arts practices and discuss their relevance to the arts.
- You will establish a network of fellow leaders in the arts.
- You will learn in a safe environment with similar minded leaders where experienced facilitators will share their knowledge, stories and experience.
The residential program will provisionally run from 7-11 April 2015. The mentoring and coaching component of the program will be facilitated with each participant after the residential program. Applicants must be available to travel in order to attend the residential program in April 2015, and commit to the ongoing mentoring, coaching and follow up sessions of the program.
If you are successful in your application, the Australia Council will cover the cost of this program. This will include attendance fees, course material, accommodation and meals. Successful applicants will have to cover their own travel cost to the residency. Travel assistance will however be provided to participants from remote locations.
Potential applicants are encouraged to discuss their application. For information and any questions relating to this opportunity, please contact:
Program Manager, Arts Organisations
Phone (02) 9215 9072 Toll free 1800 226 912
For more information please visit the – Website