DEADLINE : 10th February, 2015
Carindale Connect and B4C (Bulimba Creek Catchment Coordinating Committee) are teaming up to deliver an art show inspired by nature and sustainability on Saturday 21st February.
Both emerging and professional Brisbane artists are being invited to help raise awareness of theSustainability Centre at Carindale and the local environment. The exciting new art exhibition is also celebrating local art and community.
We’re looking forward to showing off the creative talent that exists locally and in greater Brisbane. With very little in the Carindale region in the way of art events, but some very accomplished local artists, we think this will be quite an exciting and important step to start developing the huge potential in the area.
Applications will be open soon. We will also be investigating other opportunities for local businesses to sponsor and support the event.
The main details for interested artists are as follows.
Art exhibition inspired by sustainability and the natural environment
The artworks are not required to represent just nature alone. They can portray the built environment and the human form too. Artists may choose to represent interaction – whether positive or negative – with the environment. The theme provides a huge range of possibilities.
Potential subjects within the theme include:
- Landscapes, seascapes
- Flora and fauna
- Gardening, plants, seeds
- Growing food, permaculture
- Nature / wildlife
- Conservation, eco rehabilitation
- Sustainability, waste
Art exhibition details:
- Location: Sustainability Centre, Cnr Wright St & Old Cleveland Rd, Carindale.
- All artworks will be for sale on the night.
- 20% of funds will go to the Bulimba Creek Environment Fund. 80% will go to the artist.
- $15 fee payable by artist upon delivery of work and application.
- We are welcoming paintings, drawings, sculpture, collages & photography.
- Artists can provide marketing material (upon delivery of their artwork) that will be available to guests on the night.
- Open to all ages. (There may be a separate ’15 and under’ section – TBC)
- Artists must agree to photos of their work being taken for promotional purposes.
- We reserve the right to refuse submissions if they don’t meet application guidelines and deadlines or due to availability of space.
Key dates: (note: some dates and times are subject to change)
- Tuesday 10th February 2015, 4pm: Deadline to express your interest in exhibiting. However, we encourage you to express your interest ASAP.
- Thursday 12th February 2015, 4pm: (or until exhibition is full). Deadline for submission form (work in progress still fine at this point). Payment of $15 submission fee by this date.
- Monday 9th February to Monday 16th February 2015: Unless other prior arrangement agreed to, physical artworks to be delivered (hang-ready) to Carindale address (will be provided. NOT the Sustainability Centre) in this period. Day and time to be arranged between Carindale Connect and artist.
- Saturday 21st February 2015: Exhibition (one night only). Works will NOT be available for sale prior to the opening of the event. Collection of unsold works will be at the end of evening Saturday 21st February or other previously agreed to time.
Register your interest and receive the application form.
Contact: Genevieve on firstname.lastname@example.org