DEADLINE : 5th December, 2016
Application form available now at: houseconspiracy.org
House Conspiracy is the first dedicated residency space of its kind in Brisbane. Over the course of a year we will be curating and facilitating dozens of Brisbane’s emerging creatives in undertaking valuable collaborative and experimental residencies within the space. Everything that is created or that takes place will be documented, and it is this documentation—physical and digital—that will make House Conspiracy a valuable long-term reference point for the artists selected to make their mark on the space.
Between February 2017 and February 2018, 68 Brisbane-based artists will be given private space for their use in creating new works over a three-week Residency period. Four multidisciplinary practitioners will be facilitated during each period.
The one rule is this: each artist must leave a physical mark on the House Conspiracy space, changing it in some way, no matter the medium they work in.
We are right now accepting applicants for the first four residency cycles, and the first 16 artists. There are no direct costs associated with undertaking a residency at House Conspiracy.
Residencies will give artists the opportunity to work in a private studio and across House Conspiracy’s collaborative spaces (42 Mollison St, West End) to produce new work. If selected to be part of the Residencies program, artists will receive:
• 24/7 access to House Conspiracy for three weeks
• Their own private studio space
• Professional documentation of their work and processes
• Audio- and text-based interviews discussing their practice
• The opportunity to work alongside three other artists during their residency period
• Access to collaborative networks of talented practitioners from different disciplines
• The opportunity to showcase their work in the House Conspiracy space at the conclusion of their residency
All those accepted into the Residency program will showcase their work in the House Conspiracy space at the conclusion of their residency, and will be included in a physical House Conspiracy publication, due out in mid-2018.
There will be quarterly callouts for artists, and there are no costs for artists associated with the residencies program.