DEADLINE : 15th November, 2017
The 28th International Biennial of Graphic Design Brno 2018 will take place from 10/5 to 26/8/2018. International call for entries. Since 1963, the Brno Biennial has been an important international show of visual culture, taking place in the city of Brno, south of Prague in the Czech Republic.
The application is free of charge. The deadline for online submission of the application, including the digital documentation of the competition, as well as the physical delivery of the exhibits is 15 November 2017
The intention of the International exhibition of the 28th Brno Biennial 2018 is to present the most interesting works of contemporary graphic design created in 2015–2017. The event is open to every form of graphic design. The international competition selection board, consisting of designers and design theorists, will select works to be included in the competition, with regard to their quality, and compliance to the present guidelines and available exhibition space.
Only works designed between 1st January 2015 and 31 October 2017 are eligible.
- Corporate identity (corporate visual style of events, institutions, cities, exhibitions, companies or sites and its applications: logotypes, graphic manuals, printed matter, websites, merchandise, and the like)
- Book editions and exhibition catalogues
- Magazines, newspapers and other periodicals
- Type design (design of new typefaces and their applications)
- Informational design (orientation and communication systems, space solution design)
- Digital media (websites and applications, motion design and video, animations, etc.)
- Packaging design (graphic design of product packings, digital and audiovisual media covers)
Illustrations which are not integral parts of a book or a magazine, e. g. loose prints and original illustrations, are not eligible.
Photo documentation in A1 or A2 formats should be sent for three-dimensional and experimental projects, in e.g. A4 format for trademarks and symbols.
Preference will be given to real projects and outputs, our prime concern are realizations in the field of graphic design.
REGISTRATION OF WORKS: https://28.bienalebrno.org
Curators of the 28th Brno Biennial edition are Matěj Činčera, Jan Kloss and Adam Štěch, members of the creative group OKOLO. This years edition will open a democratic platform to represent the complete scope of the discipline with all of its different meanderings and characteristics of graphic design projects. The universal view should introduce contemporary graphic design in the full multiplicity of its facets, giving rise to an inspiring mosaic of different opinions and attitudes by opening up discussion across the whole of its breadth which engages both experts and the general public.