DEADLINE : 6th July, 2017
Curators’ Agenda is a networking/training/practical residential program for international emerging curators, organised in Vienna with talks, lectures, studio visits, practical project etc. over 6 weeks in September/October 2017. Applications are invited for the fee-based program. Part-subsidy offered for travel and accommodation costs.
- Want to gain first-hand curatorial practice in one of the most vibrant art hubs in Europe?
- Looking to improve your curating skills in a highly international setting?
- Motivated to connect with notable agents of the Viennese contemporary art scene?
Curators’ Agenda: VIENNA 2017 (C’A) aims to answer your specific professional aspirations and to provide you with unique first-hand curatorial experience during a 6-week residency program in Vienna.
- in-depth knowledge of the Viennese contemporary art scene
- a platform for cultural exchange and collaboration with representatives of the Viennese contemporary art community
- opportunities for individual knowledge expansion and interpersonal connections
- a unique opportunity for implementing the “lessons learned” by organising of a mutual group show
For whom is the C’A designed?
Emerging curators from all around the globe, who seek to discover the Viennese contemporary art scene in-depth and to gain practical experience in curating.
Talks, lectures, studio visits, meetings with curators and cultural educators from leading institutions, off-spaces as well as with freelance operators and entrepreneurs in the field of contemporary art.
By organising a mutual group exhibition with students from the University of Applied Arts Vienna as the final part of the program, the C’A participants will also be provided with know-how modules and workshops related to exhibition management and production.
The participants will receive the certificate of the C’A program completion after finishing the residency.
Up to 10 applicants will be selected to take part in the C’A program. Working language is English.
Please send us your CV (one A4 page) and letter of motivation (one A4 page) with emphasized special field of interest by
6. July 2017 to email@example.com
Selected participants will be notified several days after the deadline.
C’A program fee:
The cost of the program is EUR 1100.
The registration fee is additional EUR 50.
The program fee includes:
- entry fees for museums and other special events
- workshops and lectures
- production costs of the group exhibition
- accommodation costs will be partly compensated for each participant for a maximum amount of EUR 500
- travelling costs will be partly compensated for each participant for an amount of up to EUR 250
- local cell phone cards
For more information please visit the – Website