DEADLINE : 1st May, 2016
Cut Thumb ARI is seeking proposals for the May- December 2016 program and 2017 Program. We are looking for experimental artists at any stage in their careers for solo and group exhibitions. Cut Thumb wants to hear your ideas for projects that are ambitious and respond to our unique space. Cut Thumb ARI is located in a backyard garage/shed in West End, providing opportunities for artists to develop and display new work outside of the ‘white cube.’ Applications for new work that is distinctly experimental and responds either conceptually or materially to the space will be highly considered. Cut Thumb welcomes both large and small scale projects and also welcomes ideas for projects that may function and exist outside of the Cut Thumb Space.
Proposals are due by the 1st of May 2016 by 11pm. Proposals submitted after this time will not be considered.
– Brief project outline.
– Artist Statement.
– Supporting Images and links to artworks and videos.
– Preferred Month
(please send in a single PDF.)
What we will provide.
– A one night exhibition/ opening.
– Publicity and promotion of the event. (facebook, instagram, email list.)
– Access to the space for a 5 day install period.
– An accompanying text. Written by a selected writer.
– Printing of the text.
– Refreshments for the opening
AV Technical requirement.
– Please take into consideration that Cut Thumb has limited access to AV tech
– If you are proposing work that requires AV tech, please state how you will obtain the gear and we can try our best to help assist.
Email proposals to: firstname.lastname@example.org