DEADLINE : 15th September, 2015
Entries are now open to Australian residents for a national acquisitive contemporary art prize. The $15,000 Grace Cossington Smith art award winner and finalists’ artworks will be displayed at the Grace Cossington Smith Gallery at Abbotsleigh, Wahroonga from 7 November to 5 December 2015.
Finalists will each be awarded $1,000 and will be selected by a committee nominated by the Director of the gallery. The award is sponsored by Abbotsleigh and commemorates one of its alumni, Grace Cossington Smith, who is known as a pioneer of modernist painting in Australia.
Artists are invited to submit original two dimensional artworks that reflect the theme of Making Connections. The cost of entry is $50 for up to three submitted artworks. The winning entry will form part of the permanent collection of Abbotsleigh’s Grace Cossington Smith Gallery.
Key dates 2015
– Period in which work must have been completed: after 1 September 2014
– Submission of entry applications and fee: from 1 May to 5 pm 15 September 2015
– Finalists notified, email, phone and website: 7 October 2015
– Finalists’ artworks delivered to the GCS Gallery: 26 to 30 October 2015
– Announcement of winner: 7 November 2015
– Grace Cossington Smith art award 2015 exhibition: 7 November to 5 December 2015
For more information please visit the – Award Website