DEADLINE : 18th February, 11.30am - 3:00pm
In this workshop, established maker Lisa Guy will teach you the skills to make your very own contemporary hand woven wall hanging. You’ll use a weaving loom and beautiful wool and cotton yarns to create your own unique design. Because the class size is small you’ll get plenty of one-on-one assistance from Lisa.
You will learn:
- How to warp your loom
- various types of weaving techniques to create interesting patterns and textures including plain/tabby weave, angles, rya knots and soumak techniques
- the techniques to finish off your loom and final piece
What you’ll get:
- Your own loom to take home
- weaving needle
- tapestry needle
- 100% wool and cotton yarns to complete your first weaving (in many colour options!)
- ball of cotton warp
- 10g wool roving
- your own woven wall hanging created by you
Lisa Guy has been creating and making with her hands for over 30 years; she finds it relaxing, satisfying and a source of great joy and constant learning. Craft became a hobby and creative outlet for Lisa while she worked and raised a family, but it has now evolved into her full-time job and passion. From loom weaving to crochet, macramé to basket weaving, Lisa loves to use natural textiles to create unique pieces. Lisa shares her skills and passion for craft through her fantastic workshops.
For more information please visit the – Website