DEADLINE : 1st August, 2014
The John Leslie Art Prize is one of Australia’s major prizes for landscape painting. It is a non-acquisitive prize open to all artists living and working in Australia.
The prize is run by the Gippsland Art Gallery every two years and is generously sponsored by the Gallery’s Patron, John Leslie OBE.
The First Prize winner receives $20,000 and the Best Gippsland Work receives $1,000.
- Entries close: 5pm, Friday 1 August 2014
- Finalists announced: Monday 18 August 2014
- Selected works to arrive at the Gallery: Monday 15 and Tuesday 16 September 2014
- Judging of Prize: Wednesday 17 September 2014
- Grand opening and announcement of winner: Friday 19 September 2014
- Exhibition opens to the public: Saturday 20 September 2014
- Exhibition closes: Sunday 23 November 2014
The judging panel for the John Leslie Art Prize 2014 is:
- Tony Lloyd, Artist, winner John Leslie Art Prize 2012
- Jane Devery, Curator Contemporary Art, National Gallery of Victoria
- Dr Gerard Vaughan, Australian Institute of Art History
The judges’ decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
How to enter
The John Leslie Art Prize 2014 is a non-acquisitive prize open to all artists living and working in Australia.
Entries must have been completed after 1 August 2012.
Artists may submit up to two entries. A non-refundable payment of $35.00 is applicable for each entry. An entry will consist of a completed entry form, supporting material: digital image(s).
Although submitting your artwork online is the preferred, you may wish to fill out a hard copy entry form and send it with supporting material to:
Gippsland Art Gallery
PO Box 506
Sale VIC 3850
Entries not submitted online must be saved on either a CD or USB Flash Drive (memory stick) and labelled with the artist’s name. CDs and USB Flash Drives will not be returned.