DEADLINE : 31st December, 2015
Capture, illustrate, write and create your visions of people and other creatures. Portraits can be expressed in symbolic, literal, modern, traditional, abstract, or completely unique ways. What portraits can your imagination create?
If your work is selected you will be:
- Published in ArtAscent Art & Literature Journal – a beautiful collectable keepsake that is available in digital and print long after the release date. Your showcase includes your artist/writer website link.
- Showcased for at least two years on the ArtAscent website online exhibition, including your artist/writer website link.
- Listed by name online for at least two years on the ArtAscent website artist/writer listing directory.
- Promoted on the ArtAscent Facebook (15,000+ likes) and Twitter feeds.
Selected artist works are featured as follows:
Gold Artist (1), Gold Writer (1), Silver Artist (1), Bronze Artist (1)
- Featured in ArtAscent Art & Literature Journal with an accompanying professional review and profile written by our art writer discussing you and your artwork, and selected piece(s) of your artwork.
Distinguished Artists (Up to 27 artists and 6 writers)
- Featured in ArtAscent Art & Literature Journal with selected piece(s) of your artwork.
Eligibility and process
Submitted work can include visual art – paintings, drawings, photography, mixed media, digital, printmaking, installations, ceramics, jewelry, sculpture and other 2- and 3-dimensional media – and written art – fiction, poetry, short stories and other written explorations (up to 900 words).
- We do not represent artists or sell their work. Any purchase inquiries will be referred directly to the artist.
- Your submission may be previously published, but must be your original creation.
- All artists 18 years and older can apply.
- Our calls for artists do not support video or sound. Good photography that documents interactive or performance art may be submitted.
- All application images and stories submitted to ArtAscent remain the property of the artist and the artist retains the copyright. Applicants agree that ArtAscent may feature their submitted entry for display, marketing, promotions, and exhibition archives worldwide and for all time. We will credit each artist with their name, artwork title and media, website, photographer credit, and gallery if requested.
All work is evaluated based on the vision as relates to the submission theme. Submissions including diverse interpretations of the theme will be considered. The beauty of art is that 100 artists can look at the same thing and interpret it in completely unique ways. That’s what can make it breathtaking.
The submission process includes application fee, application form, submission review and jurying, article editing, and selected artists publication in ArtAscent magazine, website and online social media. Each call is juried independently, so previously selected artists have equal opportunity of being selected again. The focus is on creating a strong and diverse collection of work that explores the call theme.
How to apply to this call for artists and writers
Tip: Keep a copy of your application information in case you need to use it again (and save time on future applications).
1. Log in. (Click on Log In, in the top right corner of the window.)
2. Choose one of the below payment options and complete payment. (Yes, you can apply to both the artist and writers calls and submit both art images and stories, or more than one story – just complete the process separately for each.)
3. After payment is complete, you will be redirected to the APPLICATION FORM.
For more information please visit the – Website