DEADLINE : 6th December, 2015
Open Call / Think Tank lab Triennial, the International Festival of Contemporary Drawing is an open competition addressed at artists living in Poland or abroad. The contest motto and theme is A DRAWING AS AN OBJECT CONTAINING KNOWLEDGE. The aim is to present various forms of acts of drawing and actions related to drawing. It is a competition for realization dedicated to the Arttrakt Gallery and Geppert’s Apartment in Wroclaw.
We want to present valuable and innovative actions in the discipline of drawing that will allow us to describe the present state of artistic quest in this area of creation. The idea of the section of the Open Call is to support and promote the artists for whom drawing is one of the most important means of expression, with a special attention paid to young artists. However, we encourage all the artists active in the field of visual arts and interested in the idea of the contest to participate in this competition.
We expect various proposals regarding form, still they shall refer to the concept included in the motto. This year the Drawing Triennale focuses on several issues. The concept of space and drawing understood as a graph of space are important issues. The majority of works which the audience of the festival will be able to see, especially in the premises of the Museum of Architecture and the Ossolinskis National Institute were created for the purpose of the Triennale. These are site specific projects.
Applications for the contest may be works created on paper with the use of traditional drawing tools as well as proposals prepared specially for the interiors of the Arttrakt Gallery and Geppert’s Apartment executed in other techniques, which represent a widely understood “drawing-oriented thinking”.
The essential information:
• The contest may be entered by works executed in the period of 2013-2015 in any technique and convention, referring to the theme of the competition, that could not be duplicated as original, by now the works must have not participated in other competitions and shall be owned by their author.
• The artist may submit up to five works / projects in the form of an image file or video.
• Application deadline: 06/12/ 2015 till 24.00 hours
• Organizers call the jury that will qualify the works in two stages for the exhibition and award prizes and distinctions.
• The jury at the first stage of the competition will qualify works based on photographs stored digitally in the form of JPG files; properties: min.1200 pixels, 200 dpi resolution, RGB color space, the file size up to 2 MB. Artists whose works are qualified for the presentation will be informed by e-mail. The list of the finalists will be also published on the organizer’s website.
• The works for the exhibition must be delivered no later than 01/05/2015, 15:00 hours
• Opening of the exhibition and announcement of the results of the competition will take place on 01/8/2015
We invite you to submit papers for the open call Think Tank lab Triennale 2015-16. The selected projects will be shown during planned presentations in exhibition spaces of the Arttrakt Gallery and Geppert’s Apartment.
More info: ttt.wroclaw.pl/en/wystawy/open-call