DEADLINE : September 2016
YAJA gives journalism, media and art students the opportunity to showcase their talent in capturing art and culture in a creative way.
YAJA connects students and fresh graduates with media opportunities and audiences in the art industry.
YAJA offers industry recognition and mentoring.
Yes we think globally. We love to experience your culture. Entries from all countries are welcome!
YAJA is independent and 100% self-funded, powered by Art News Portal and depending on sponsorships and donations from the public, universities and industry partners.
YAJA was established to connect students and fresh graduates in journalism and creative arts with the broad and colourful arts-community.
YAJA entrants are encouraged to get in touch with the industry and to create a piece of compelling media about art and global culture.
YAJA entirely focuses on undergraduate and postgraduate students who found their love for journalism, wanting to use this opportunity to impress future employers with a great piece of arts journalism.
Who can Enter?
- YAJA is a Global Award.
- Must be a current student or fresh graduate from any recognised University
- 2nd/+ year student, post graduate or fresh graduate
- Students who are documenting or storytelling. (E.g. Journalism, Filmmaker, Photographer, Arts)
- Single students or Student Project Groups
YAJA is a great way to increase awareness and to showcase your talent.
- Open journalistic opportunities
- Industry mentoring and experience
- Reach an established Audience
- Meet exciting and influential people
- Networking opportunities
- Industry and Awards recognition
- Opportunity to receive donations from our sponsors
All entries will be published on ArtNewsPortal.com, including social channels and eNewsletter.
How to Enter
- Sign up at www.artnewsportal.com.au/join
- Students can submit an existing or already published article, write a new article (choose their own topic) or enquire for a media opportunity atwww.artnewsportal.com/YAJA/enquriy.
- Entries must be submitted using the online form at www.artnewsportal.com/login.
Media opportunities for students
Online journalistic opportunities, relevant work experience and industry recognition are available.
Art Industry, PR agencies, artists, etc are welcome to post upcoming media opportunities @ YAJA TALK
Proposed 2016 Awards Timeline
JANUARY Awards submissions entries open
SEPTEMBER Award submission / entries closed
SEPTEMBER Nominations Announced
END OCTOBER Presentation Winners announced
For more information please visit the – Website