Onespace is a new Brisbane shopfront that will showcase contemporary art and design. It is an innovative gallery initiative developed by art consultancy CREATIVEMOVE and its directors, John Stafford and Jodie Cox.
“Our program embraces a dialogue between gallery practice and investigations into public space and platforms. We aim to stimulate an entrepreneurial conversation between like-minded and diverse practitioners.” John Stafford and Jodie Cox.
As such, Onespace represents a different style of gallery, a space designed for innovation within the evolving arts economy.
Onespace enjoys an enviable location in hipster West End, at the city end of Gladstone Road with proximity to South Bank and Brisbane’s cultural heavyweights (notably Queensland College of Art, and Queensland Art Gallery/Gallery of Modern Art).
Onespace is a mixed model gallery. It will:
• Present exhibitions of artists represented by Onespace
• Curate exhibitions around thematic issues
• Invite other independent curators to present exhibitions
• Collaborate with artists to present their own work
Interested artists and curators are invited to contact Onespace to discuss a proposition or idea.
Onespace Exhibition Space and Attributes:
• 25+ running metres of gallery wall space |
• Dedicated gallery lighting in exhibitions spaces
• Glass shop front — after hours viewing of installations and digital screens
• Polished timber floors throughout
• Ducted air-conditioning throughout
• Hot-desk availability
Onespace Gallery Hours
• Exhibition hours are Wed to Friday 10am – 5pm
• Sat 9am – 3pm and by appointment on 07 3846 0642
• Closed Sunday and Public Holidays
13a Gladstone Road Highgate Hill QLD 4101
61+ 7 3846 0642