WHEN : 27th July, 6:00 – 11:00pm
The 2013 Brisbane Emerging Art Festival will focus on presenting Brisbane’s leading emerging artists from across visual art, performance, experimental and contemporary music, dance, fashion, film, design and spoken word.
The festival will take over the Judith Wright Centre of Contemporary Arts for a one night showcase and celebration of Brisbane’s creative culture.
The 2013 program will comprise of :
- A visual art exhibition of contemporary emerging artists.
- A performance and presentation main stage.
- Intimate experimental sound and music performances.
- Experimental theatre and dance performances.
- An emerging film makers screening.
- Interactive installations and performances.
- Spoken word performances.
- Urban Art installations.
Brisbane Emerging Art Festival was established in 2010 to promote and present Brisbane’s leading emerging artists and the city’s contemporary arts culture. The vision of the festival is to highlight and connect local artists, while being a catalyst for new and experimental art practice.
The Brisbane Emerging Art Festival makes a significant contribution to the development of contemporary emerging art in Brisbane and engages with communities nationally and internationally. With the support of the local creative community, Brisbane Emerging Art Festival has become an annual event which engages and celebrates Brisbane’s emerging arts sector.
This is a community platform, proudly produced by Vegas Spray