WHEN : 8th May, 7:30am – 9:30am
WHERE : State Library Queensland
The Queensland Design Council, the Integrated Design Commission of South Australia and the design sector, through the Australian Design Alliance, agree that it is critical to have a national response to design. This forum examines what a national design policy could do for the sector, and more broadly for the country, and the steps we need to take collectively to make it happen.
- His Excellency Mr Michael Bryce AM AE, Patron of the Australian Design Alliance
- Timothy Horton, Commissioner, South Australian Integrated Design Commission
- Professor Julianne Schultz AM, Chair, Queensland Design Council and Chair Australian Government’s National Cultural Policy Reference Group
- Kirsteen MacKay, Head of Design Review, UK Design Council
- Andrew MacKenzie, Architectural writer & publisher
There will be short presentations followed by an open forum discussion.