Are you an artist or creative looking to exhibit with GRAGM?
We are looking for expressions of interest from artists and creatives for exhibition-based proposals for the 2021-2022 years to be exhibited within the Gladstone Regional Art Gallery & Museum (GRAGM) suite of exhibition spaces which include Town Hall Gallery, Front Gallery, Museum Room and O’Connell Space. We also offer additional exhibiting options at the Tondoon Artspace (Tondoon Botanic Gardens), and the POP-UP Window Space at 113 Goondoon Street, Gladstone.
Gladstone Regional Art Gallery & Museum (GRAGM) selects exhibition projects in several strategic ways. These reflect community desires and tourism drivers, while maintaining our commitment to growing and developing regional creative talent. The categories we use to select projects to explore further are:
- PLACE – Features and promotes local or Australian creatives with their practice and progress to showcase cultural tourism
- UNIQUENESS – Introduces new ideas, concepts, artworks, and experiences as a point of difference to our current and future audiences
- AUDIENCE – Targets desired audiences to broaden visitor’s worldview and understanding
- MEDIUM – Introduces and combines different creative mediums including theatre, film, dance, music, performance, projection, experimentation
- COLLABORATION – Collaborates with creatives to deliver a full, rich, engaging, deep, meaningful, multi-functional experience
- DIVERSITY – Celebrates uniqueness, diversity, tolerance, acceptance, inclusion, collaboration, cultural diversity, vision, inspiration and values-based approach to diversity
- TIME – Representation of the past, present or future
- COMMUNITY – Observes differing cultures, customs and lore to enrich society and community
HOW TO CREATE INNOVATIVE, CURATORIAL-BASED EXHIBITIONS
To assist applicants with the exhibition process, we’ve created a curatorial guide to help shape your exhibition experience into what we’re looking for. Download it below. Applicants should aim to address the desired criteria above for your proposal to be considered for adoption into the 2021-2022 season schedule. Send all completed forms with any associated images to email@example.com