Join Studio Maverik for a Summer Inspired Still Life Drawing Workshop — create colourful sketches in a relaxed & ambient environment
Featuring unique glasswork by Lawn Bowls
In this Still Life Drawing Workshop, you will be lightly guided through creating colourful sketches inspired by a Summer-themed collection of flowers, fruits & ornaments ✨ In this session, we encourage you to embrace abstraction and draw inspiration from the still life elements.
About Studio Maverik Still Life Drawing Classes
Studio Maverik facilitates beautifully curated Still Life Drawing in Brisbane / Meanjin. These Brisbane Still Life Drawing classes are often themed and take direct inspiration from seasonal fruits & flowers. Our Still Life Drawing sessions are held in Fortitude Valley, at the charming arts venue, The Station Brisbane.
Still Life Drawing Classes with Studio Maverik take the tradition of Still Life Drawing and add a contemporary flare; incorporating lots of colour & texture into a playful scene of still objects. Our Still Life Drawing sessions centre around a maximalist arrangement of seasonal florals & botanicals, and a vast collection of everyday homely objects. Each Still Life session is visually unique with a focus on sourcing seasonal fruits and flowers. Our Still Life arrangements are intended to be harmonious with the seasons and in the tradition of Still Life Art, ever-evolving and never staying the same.
Why Try a Still Life Drawing Class
– Explore your creativity: dive into the world of colours, shapes, and textures as you bring inanimate objects to life on your page.
– Relaxation & mindfulness: discover your creative flow as you focus on intricate details and develop a sense of tranquility through mindful making.
– Skill enhancement: whether you’re a beginner or a frequent creator, our classes cater to all skill levels, helping you refine your techniques or try something new.
– Try something new: if you haven’t attended a still life drawing class before but are keen to try it, we encourage you to step into our welcoming and non-intimidating space.
– Appreciate beauty in the everyday: our still life set-ups are curated from nature and homely objects, encouraging mindful inspection of the beauty in the everyday.
– Community connection: connect with a vibrant community of like-minded friendly and creative individuals.
Draw inspiration from the glasswork by Lawn Bowls
???? Lawn Bowls glasswork is made through a continual process of observing how decorative objects enrich our experiences of domestic spaces. The bright imagery, colour and pattern put into Lawn Bowls hold the force of this conceptual questioning. Each Lawn Bowls piece is handmade in (Meanjin) Brisbane, Australia by Finn O`Sullivan. Every piece is unlike the last. Small irregularities and wayward details adorn each piece. Bubbles or wobbly edges that cannot be commanded are part of what makes glass a magic material to work with. @Lawn.bowls
- Basic drawing materials provided, bring any additional materials you’d like to use
- BYO sips (including alcohol for 18+)
- Please arrive 10 minutes early to settle in
- Class suitable for ages 16+
Held at the incredible Arts Venue – The Station (16 School St, Fortitude Valley). Run by two local creatives, Franny & Rhianna.
Sunday 18 February 2-4PM