Visions in the Nunnery is returning for its 11th edition to the Nunnery Gallery.
A renowned showcase of recent moving image and performance work, Visions aims to offer an international overview of the challenging and thoughtful uses of these ever shifting mediums. Shown across three monthly programmes, each led by an invited artist, this is an opportunity to be part of one of the most varied and exciting presentations of moving image work in London.
Established in 1999, Visions has exhibited many talented artists at various stages of their career, including Oreet Ashery, Lucy Beech & Edward Thomasson, Tacita Dean, Uriel Orlow and Heather Phillipson. Now a biennial fixture in the Nunnery programme, in 2016 Visions celebrated its tenth edition with artists including Marina Abramović, Ori Gersht, Dryden Goodwin, Susan Hiller, Mikhail Karikis and Richard Layzell.
Visions 2018 will be no exception to its history and launches its Open Call with the announcement of its first lead artist, Bedwyr Williams. Watch this space for the announcement of the remaining two lead artists.
Submit now to be part of the 2018 programme
- WHO: Moving Image and Performance Artists
- WHAT: We are looking for recent work that has been made in the last two years. There is no theme. Selection will be based on innovative uses of your chosen medium. No more than three entries per artist.
- WHERE: The Nunnery Gallery, London
- WHEN: 27 September – 18 December 2018
- REQUIREMENTS: Moving Image – We are looking for single screen works of up to 10 minutes in duration. However, we do have limited space for small installation / monitor based work, or longer single-screen pieces. If you are submitting an installation, please provide additional information: describing the work including presentation equipment, dimensions, space requirements etc. Please be aware that we cannot always provide specific equipment for installation-based works. Performance – We are looking for live works up to 15 minutes in duration for the Visions 2018 performance events. Please describe the work’s mechanics, including equipment, dimensions, props, space requirements, number of performers etc. If possible, a taster clip via video-link is always useful.
TO APPLY: Got to http://bowarts.org/whats-on/exhibitions-and-events/visions-in-the-nunnery-open-call. Complete the submission form. The £10 entry fee covers the submission of up to three different works.