DEADLINE: 20th May, 2013
theGRID: hybrid arts collective and Toowoomba Regional Art Gallery invite applications from artists for a three-month residency at theGRID. Artists must have more than five years’ professional practice and reside outside the Toowoomba region.
‘Off theGRID’ is a pilot residency program offering a visiting artist a full time studio at theGRID. The residency will culminate in a four-week, solo show at the Toowoomba Regional Art Gallery.During the period of the residency the successful applicant will also be required to:
Bring a recently completed work for display at the beginning of the
- Deliver 2 x artist talks at TRAG (1 x introductory, 1 x concluding)
- Welcome the public to their studio three times
- Be in attendance at three professional development forums, at theGRID
A condition of this residency is that the successful applicant will share the studio in a mentoring capacity with a local, emerging artist. The successful applicant will participate in selecting this artist.
The residency will cover:
- 1 x return travel to Toowoomba
- Accommodation in a fully furnished, weekly serviced, two-bedroom apartment
- Daily allowance for a five-day work-week for the duration of the residency (paid in three installments)
- Off theGRID will also document progress and outcomes of the residency for public presentation, archival and reporting purposes.
The Regional Arts Development Fund is a Queensland Government and Toowoomba Regional Council partnership to support local arts and culture.
Applications in the form of a word document must include:
- A statement expressing your suitability for ‘Off theGRID’ (500wds max.) This statement should address: examples of previous audience engagement / how your work has been presented in public forums – both informal and formal | One page CV| Up to 10 support images with descriptions. Artists will be shortlisted and shortlisted applicants will be given a 15-skype interview.
- Applications are due 5pm 20 May 2013
- Residency begins 3 August 2013
- Final exhibition opens 8 November 2013
- Residency concludes 16 November 2013
- Applications should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
For more info: email@example.com